"Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions" - Coco Chanel

Sunday, December 26, 2010

You Know You Love Me...

Does anyone still have the same obsession with Gossip Girl as I do?  Despite the outlandish story lines and sometimes poor acting, I still sit down every week to see what kind of trouble Serena, Blair, Chuck, and Nate will get themselves into.  The amazing New York City scenery and the beautiful outfits draw me in as well as the fact that I am a huge fan of Blake Lively and Leighton Meester's fashion outside of the show.  However, I can't say that I am missing Jenny Humphrey's self wallowing presence on the show.
Some of my favorite Serena and Blair looks from Season 4 so far...
I absolutely love both of these looks that I believe are from the first episode of this season shot in Paris.  When I look at Blair's Moschino Resort 2010 dress and platform sandals, I can't help but think of Carrie Bradshaw.  One would think that all of the mismatched prints would be odd, but they come together seamlessly.  Also, I am dying for Serena's George Chakra Spring 2010 dress.  I am obsessed with any nude material mixed with a hint of shimmer.  I also love the addition of the grey boyfriend blazer.
I can't get enough of Serena's outfit in the second episode of this season.  Every part of her outfit works for me.  I'm obsessed with the gold sequined Pucci blazer, and the Joie top tucked into cropped Tibi trousers.  The bright blue definitely makes the outfit by adding a nice pop of color.  I'm also drooling over the studded Brian Atwood heels.  As for Blair, I usually am not a fan of red dresses.  However, this Oscar de la Renta gown has a hint of tangerine or orange and I am loving the color against her skin tone.
The looks on both Blair and Serena in this image just stands out as "classic" Gossip Girl to me.  Blair looking prim and proper from head to toe in a Nanette Lepore dress and a matching Nancy Gonzalez bag and Serena counterbalancing her with a slightly more relaxed look wearing a Madison Marcus top and Dolce & Gabbana shorts.  I also love that blue Mulberry bag - it's that color again.  Outfits such as these always make me want to be more daring, even though I don't think that bright yellow would ever look good on me.  I can't wait for what the rest of the season will have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment