"Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions" - Coco Chanel

Monday, December 27, 2010

Black Swan

I haven't gotten around to seeing Black Swan yet although I have been anticipating its release for several months now.  It's up for several Golden Globes and has been receiving Oscar buzz for some time.  Rodarte did the costumes and from what I have already seen, the designs are exquisite.  Until I see the film, I have been keeping myself occupied with Natalie Portman's spread in the January 2011 US Vogue.
This is probably my favorite photograph from the spread.  Natalie just looks so elegant in this Valentino gown.  I just wish that the image in the magazine was larger.  The ballet theme is clearly paired with Natalie's role in the Black Swan but I think it has a more whimsical take, apart from the stiff tutus in the movie.
Editorial: "Spreading Her Wings"
Publication: US Vogue, January 2011
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment