"Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions" - Coco Chanel

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Suiting Up

In the past few weeks, many stars have appeared on the red carpet wearings menswear showing that blazers and tailored pants can be chic when done correctly.  I love both of this different but flattering looks.  Jessica's fitted blazer accentuates her waist and the hairstyle and jewelry feminize the outfit.  Leighton's look is slightly more masculine, with a loose blazer and tie but she manages to balance it out with great heels.
Halle Berry has been a long time fan of menswear as well.  My favorite of her suited looks is this one from 2009.  I love the addition of leather leggins.  Also, Gwyneth Paltrow looked amazing in Giorgio Armani at the Iron Man 2 premier earlier this year.  The white works really well for her and the tailored shorts add a nice twist.  I am looking forward to seeing more menswear in 2011.  I am predicting that Victoria Beckham and Tom Ford will design some great suits and take menswear in new directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment