"Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions" - Coco Chanel

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Night Out

With my trip to Rome quickly approaching, I have been panicking and feeling as though I have no time left to both pack and relax before four months of moving nonstop.  I have been warned that the Italian women are always dressed to the nines which has left me feeling as though I will stick out as an American like a sore thumb.  I am planning to pack both casual and fun clothing to bring with me which has led me to search through websites and magazines for outfit ideas.  
For going out, I have used both this BCBG MAXAZRIA ruffled zebra-print dress, and this sequined Elie Tahari mini dress for inspiration.  Both can be used for a fun night out in the city or easily be made casual with the addition of a blazer.  They can be purchased here. 
For more daily activities, I have been thinking of a casual wear that still looked put together.  I received this Marc by Marc Jacobs cross body bag in Shell Pink for Christmas.  It is small enough that it doesn't weigh down my shoulder by large enough to fit all the essentials - cellphone, wallet, sunglasses, lip balm - and I will definitely be putting it to good use.  These Madewell riding boots are also comfortable and practical and can be paired with jeans, leggings, or a dress.  I bought myself a J.Crew military jacket similar to this one over the summer and it will be perfect for the mild spring weather in Rome.  I also love how it can be worn over a dress, making the outfit more casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment